Within the guild
- Public communication within Backlash is strictly in English, since this is an English server; this applies to all forms of guild communication.
- If you have a heated disagreement, keep it quiet and private by using whispers or moving to a separate vent channel; do not involve the rest of the guild.
- Never harass players, if you have a problem with someone you should attempt to deal with it directly but respectfully and on a one to one basis.
- Remember that jokes can be made and people can wind each other up in good spirit, that's all part of being friends - but know when to draw the line, because if you are not careful it can turn into harassment.
- If you are unhappy with a situation within the guild, you should notify the guild leader or an officer through a whisper or a discord message.
- Try to keep a maximum of 2 alts in the guild. If you are not playing on a character do not ask for it to be invited.
Outside the guild
- Be respectful towards your fellow players.
- Please keep in mind that your actions and words reflect upon the guild, anyone who brings Backlash’s name into dispute will be removed from the guild.
- Within the guild
- The guild bank supports the guild, it is the culmination of our combined effort to maintain a central storage place for all members and to generate wealth for the guild, so we are able to offer services such as repairs and enchanting to the guild (within reason and depending on supply levels).
- Unauthorised resale from the guild bank to the AH is strictly prohibited. Members interested in trading for the profit of the guild should speak to an officer.
- Events in the guild are organised and maintained by the leadership team.
- No other player in the guild should be attempting to organise an event that conflicts with these regular activities.
- Backlash is not a PvP guild. We will not be organising any PvP events on a regular basis.
- By clicking "Sign up" you are committing to turning up to the raid 15 minutes before its start time, ready to go. People who frequently sign up and do not show or are repeatedly late will not be given priority in raids.
- By clicking "Tentative" you are placing yourself on Standby, and will be picked ONLY if there is any space.
Running late / Completely missing the raid
- If you know you will be late, or will have to miss the raid you signed up for you should attempt to contact the guild by one of the following ways: guild message, in-game mail to an officer or discord. However if you are in an emergency situation, please do not even think about your raid attendance and just update us when it is convenient for you.
- Repeated lateness/failure to show for a raid will result in you no longer being selected to raid.
Raid attitude and performance
- You are expected to display a positive attitude throughout the raid.
- Remain focused on the raid throughout, this includes between boss attempts and during trash.
- Be timely when returning from breaks, remember there other people that you could be keeping waiting if you are late.
- We expect you to put your all into it, members who raid elsewhere could face removal from the guild.
- In order to raid you must have a working microphone/headset.
- Avoid using whispers in a raid unless it is about a specific tactic discussion between tanks or healers anything else should be said to the entire raid.
- Event management
Guild leader and Officers
- The guild leader and officers are players like the rest of the guild; the difference is that these players volunteer to run the guild that they established. We believe in enjoying the game and so we are extremely fair in our approach and take no special privileges. All we ask is that the leadership team is treated with respect and when a problem arises their word is to be considered final.
Removal from the guild
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding removals. While we may allow an appeal, you must keep in mind that this is not guaranteed.
- Backlash reserves the right to remove a member for breach of the code of conduct or indeed any rude or offensive behaviour that is not mentioned within this document.
- Any appealable removal must be resolved within a week of the removal notice. This can be done through in-game chat or discord. We might require evidence related to your removal.